Thursday, 9 September 2010

I'm back

wow, has it really been 4 months since I last updated this blog - time does fly when you are having fun.

I'm not going to try and cover everything that has gone on since May, but suffice to say it has involved quite a bit of time on the bike.

I have taken part in a number of events: 1 triathlon and a number of mountain bike events with varying degrees of success. From the lows of crashing out on lap 1 on a 4 hour mtn bike event to the highs of completing 6 hours (my target) at the 12:12 Torq In Your Sleep event.

Am now concentrating on the events I have left this year plus getting a bit of practice at riding in the dark.

My event schedule for the rest of the year looks a bit like this:

25th Sep XTD off road duathlon at Hawley Lake
3rd Oct TrailTrax Navigator - Surrey Hills - orienteering by mountain bike I believe
31st Oct Test Valley Tour Cool Challenge Offroad - I did the Hot Challenge back in May and really enjoyed it.
14th Nov Gorrick Autumn Classic 2 at Crowthrone
28th Nov Merida Brass Monkeys Winter Enduro Series 1

Thoughts of course start whirring around the head for the next year, where my A event will be the 1212 enduro, this time I will ride for the full 12 hours.

It is also looking likely that we will be up near Fort William for a week over New Year, so fingers crossed that we don't have too much snow.

1 comment:

Red Bike said...

Best of luck for next year