I really don't know where the time goes!
Must try and make time to update this blog more than every 2 months.
Have had a good couple of months, no events completed due to a number of very boring reasons but a fair bit of training done.
In fact over the last 2 months I have spent more time on the road bike than the mountain bike - shock horror and that does not include the turbo!! The main reason for this has been that I wanted to take advantage of the nice weather we have had recently to get some road miles in.
The training has however been mostly run related and this will continue until December when I will be taking part in the Original Grim Challenge. The event is a 8 mile cross country race over the Army training grounds between Aldershot and Fleet.
Once this is completed, I will be entering into a mountain bike focus period for the Gorrick Spring Mountain Bike cross country races in the New Year. This will include 10 days up in Scotland over Christmas and New Year, most of which will be spent within a few miles of the Nevis Range mountain bike trails.
Outside of training I have also started looking into getting a GPS unit for the bikes, there is such an array to choose from, it makes it quite difficult to decide. Current issue is whether to get something I can use for both running and cycling or whether I want to be able to view GPS mapping as I ride.
I have also been fancying a fixed wheel road bike for the winter - should make maintenance so much easier and hopefully give me better fitness gains. I currently have a specialized road bike in the garage which has not been used in a long time so am considering converting it to fixed/singlespeed/flip flop. I think it will be an interesting experiment, just need to finish my investigations first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment